[mhc:02054] iCalendar -> MHC?

At the moment, I'm in the process of evaluating several calendaring
solutions (so far, EMACS' calendar/diary, and MHC).  As for MHC, I
discovered that there is a tool called "Mhc2ical" that can convert from
MHC to iCalendar format.  Is there also a tool that can perform
conversion in the opposite direction?

BTW, MHC looks like an elegant alternative to EMACS' calendar/diary.
I'm puzzled, however, why major development seems to have stopped years
ago.  What calendaring packages for EMACS are popular these days?

--
Felix E. Klee